We’re starting off our 10 days with Maria Barquero of Maria’s Book Blog!
1. Tell us a little about yourself!
My name is Maria. I’m a banker by day and book blogger extraordinaire by night. I have 2 little boys who I can only hope will inherit my love (or obsession) with books. I prefer reading over just about any other activity.
2. What inspired you/caused you to start your book blog?
My love of reading! ‘My Fictional Boyfriend & Book Whore Page’ is the very first blog I started following and they inspired me to start my own. I was already reading multiple books a week and reviewing them on Goodreads so I thought why not?!
3. What is your favorite part of running one?
Interacting with authors, befriending other bloggers & sharing my love of books with people who feel the same.
4. What’s your favorite place and time to read? At home in bed at 2am? Out and about at a coffee shop?
I love to curl up on my couch with my hot pink leopard print snuggie & my Kindle, any time of day!
5. Kindle or regular book? How did you feel about the Kindle to book transition? Did you fight it at first or dive right in?
Kindle!!! I used to only read paperbacks (Hardcovers weren’t very flexible), but then I got a Kindle for Christmas. I kept it in the box for weeks before I actually used it b/c I didn’t think I could give up my paperbacks. But after the first use I never looked back, now I’m strictly a Kindle girl.
6. Do you prefer a bunch of quick, sweet stand-alone reads or a long drawn out series of epic proportions?
I love to get hooked into a good series. Sometimes its hard to part with a really good stand-alone. I’m more than willing to invest my time into an ongoing story.
7. Last book you read and how did you rate it?
Two Roads by L.M. Augustine, it was amazing 5 star read!! Loved it!!
8. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
Ireland… mostly for the men (I’m a sucker for an Irish accent), but also for the scenery.
9. If you could go on a date with any fictional male character, who would it be, from what book?
Omg, this is a tough one!! I’m going to have to go with Ethan Blackstone (The Blackstone Affair by Raine Miller)
10. What was the series in childhood that got you hooked on reading?
I’ve always loved reading for as long as I can remember. I was hooked on every series imaginable…The Babysitters Club, Sweet Valley High, The Boxcar Children. You name it I read it.
11. Were you The Quiet Girl Who Was Always Reading, or did you mainly just read at home in secret?
I was the SUPER quiet girl who did nothing but read. Every summer I signed up for the Summer Reading Program at my local library and would read at least 100 books. The Librarian never believed I had actually read them and would quiz me on the plot of each book.
12. Do you always read several books at once, or just stick to one at a time?
The most I’ve read at one time is 2 books. I get so hooked into what I’m reading that I can’t put it down until I’m done.
13. Favorite book to movie adaption?
The Twilight Saga!!