1. Tell us a little about yourself!
Hmm… what can I tell you about myself… I’m 27, married with 2 crazy cats. I live in Toronto, Ontario and althought I want to say that as a Canadian we don’t actually say ‘eh’ all the time, I’d be lying lol I say it ALL the time. I am also a HUGE hockey fan, specifically the LA Kings at the moment, but it’s more because my brother plays in the NHL (well hopefully is about to break into the league) that I like that team specifically.
2. What inspired you/caused you to start your book blog?
I have always been an avid reader but a year ago I started blogging about my books more as a way to help ME keep track I what I have read and what I liked or didn’t like… It snowballed however when I realized that I wasn’t just some giant nerd and hundreds of people blogged about books as well!
3. What is your favorite part of running one?
My Favorite part about running Paperbook Princess is all the AMAZING authors and bloggers I have met… I mean most of the books I read now are written by indie authors… I NEVER would have known about these books before I started blogging!
4. What’s your favorite place and time to read? At home in bed at 2am? Out and about at a coffee shop?
I don’t have a favorite time or place… basically if I have even 2 minutes I am pulling my phone out to read on my Kindle App… I can read anytime anywhere… even if it is only a few pages at a time.
5. Kindle or regular book? How did you feel about the Kindle to book transition? Did you fight it at first or dive right in?
I generally read Kindle simply because that is the easiest way to get all the books I want to read… I live in Canada so the books I tend to read aren’t all available in regular bookstores… but occasionally I do pick up a real book because well… nothing beats reading a book book!
6. Favorite book of all time?
Of all time? I would have to say Wings by Danielle Steele… or A Handmaiden’s Tale by Margaret Atwood… I have a hard time reading books more then once, but those 2 books I have read like hundreds of times!
7. Coolest author you ever got to meet/work with?
I met Cora Carmack a few months ago, that was super awesome! But I think the coolest ever is Michele G. Miller… I havent met her in person (yet!) but she is honestly so awesome and I love talking to her!
9. Do you prefer a bunch of quick, sweet stand-alone reads or a long drawn out series of epic proportions?
I LOVE my series… I will read standalone books because there are some pretty awesome ones, but I just love meeting the characters and following them around on their journey through whatever it is they are doing… and well you can’t really do that with just 1 book… you need multiple books!
10. Last book you read and how did you rate it?
Nemesis by S.A. Huchton… 5 STARS!!! it was SO AWESOME! I am honestly still recovering from it, that ending? WOW!
11. Aside from reading, what else do you do with your time? Or, like us, do things book-related pretty much sum up your life?
I read A LOT, but I also play slo-pitch in the summer when I can, and I spend as much time as I can with my niece and nephew… oh and hockey, winter is all about the hockey
14. If you could go on a date with any fictional male character, who would it be, from what book?
WOW! This is like the hardest question EVER, I have SO many book boyfriends, and it seems like every book I pick up I gain a new book boyfriend… ummm sooo I would want to go on a date with Russell from The Premonition Series…. Xavier from The Prophecy of Tyalbrook, Jhett from Promise Me This, Trace from Girl on Tour, uhhhh wow I could come up with a MILLION more probably but those are my main guys right now!
16. Is there a fiction genre you just can’t seem to stand or get into?
Erotica, lol… like Fifty Shades of Grey… yeah just totally not my thing, I keep thinking I should read it because everyone else has… but well… I just can’t…
18. What was the series in childhood that got you hooked on reading?
I didn’t read too much when I was younger, I started reading a lot when I was like preteen, and I think I started right in with Harelquin Romance… the American Romance ones, so it was just a whole lotta romance… I have ALWAYS been a sucker for a good HEA
19. Were you The Quiet Girl Who Was Always Reading, or did you mainly just read at home in secret?
I am STILL the quiet girl who is always reading! I can be in a huge crowd of people and I will stand there and just read lol, I don’t care who sees me or what people say! I love living in my books!
20. Do you always read several books at once, or just stick to one at a time?
I TRY to read just one book at a time, but sometimes I may have a book going on my phone, my Ppad, and a book book in my purse, sometimes I just can’t decide what I feel like reading so I like options!