Say hello to Amber Garcia of LadyAmber’s Reviews, today’s blog feature!
1. What inspired you/caused you to start your book blog?
I loved reading and wanted to support and share information on my fave authors in any way I could.
2. What is your favorite part of running one?
That it’s mine, all me, something I can do on my own and be proud that I am helping somebody even if its just one person.
3. What’s your favorite place and time to read? At home in bed at 2am? Out and about at a coffee shop?
Any where and every where however, home in bed at 2 am seems to be the norm
4. Kindle or regular book? How did you feel about the Kindle to book transition? Did you fight it at first or dive right in?
I fought it at first I love print so much better than kindle still do however, it’s a lot cheaper to buy ebooks and do reviews from a kindle.
5. Favorite book of all time?
Tiger’s Curse by Colleen Houck
6. Coolest author you ever got to meet/work with?
OMG!!!! Just one?? I would have to say Cameo Renae and Rita Webb, I PA for both of them and they have always been so supportive even before I was their PA. They are always caring and kind. They’re just awesome!
7. Tell us about the woman (women?) behind the mask? Err blog!
I’m pretty boring, I really don’t have a life out side of books. I do have two beautiful daughters and have been married to my husband for 11 years. My children and husband do not share my passion for reading *sighs*.
8. Do you prefer a bunch of quick, sweet stand-alone reads or a long drawn out series of epic proportions?
Honestly, I love series. I always feel that stand alones are too short and I can’t get enough of the characters.
9. Last book you read and how did you rate it?
Real Ugly by CM Stunich, I rated it 4 Stars. I love her books!
10. Aside from reading, what else do you do with your time? Or, like us, do things book-related pretty much sum up your life?
I blog, host blog tours and online release & promo parties and love to shop!
11. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
I would love to visit Mexico. My husband is from Mexico City and I would love to see where he grew up and let my daughters experience some of what it was like in his world.
12. If you could meet any author, who would it be?
LP Dover, she is one of my FB besties, she’s always so kind and always there when I need to rant or to just chat. Love her!
13. If you could go on a date with any fictional male character, who would it be, from what book?
Ren from Tiger’s Curse by Colleen Houck.
14. Who is a female character you could see yourself being best friends with?
Mia Baron from Death Dealer by Ashley Robertson, even if she may show some vulnerability at times, she is one fierce, bad ass chick!
15. Is there a fiction genre you just can’t seem to stand or get into?
Horror, just can’t do it.
16. When we say favorite book cover, what’s the first one to come to mind – since we know there probably can’t be just one?
Flutter by Melissa Andrea, have you seen it?? It’s gorgeous!
17. What was the series in childhood that got you hooked on reading?
*whispers* The Baby Sitters Club
18. Were you The Quiet Girl Who Was Always Reading, or did you mainly just read at home in secret?
Home in secret and then I quit during high school it just was not cool, however I got back into it a few years back and haven’t stopped since.
19. Do you always read several books at once, or just stick to one at a time?
I only read one at a time, I feel like I would get confused as to which book was what.
20. Favorite book to movie adaption?
Tours Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lady-Ambers-Tours/199400433532754
Launch Party Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LadyAmbersLaunchParty